- 1 cup white flour
- 1/2 cup salt
- 2 tablespoons cream of tartar
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 cup water
- food coloring
Directions (along with numbered pictures above)
- Gather your ingredients
- Mix first four ingredients in a pan
- Add water and mix well. Cook over medium heat and stir constantly for 3 –5 minutes.
- Dough will become difficult to stir and get clumpy. (I only had to heat it for a minute by the time it became clumpy)
- Remove from the stove and knead for about 5 minutes. Add food coloring during the kneading process.
- Store the play dough in covered plastic containers or plastic sandwich bags.
It was really easy and again, I found the recipe here: http://mommyfootprint.com/the-perfect-home-made-play-dough-recipe/
I've linked this to some of these parties.